The panorama on the sunrise side: an awesome view of Malarayat

The quiet panorama on the sunrise side of the farm: an awesome view of Mount Malaráyat and the river below the gap.

11 December 2011

Puto Lanson

No, it's not fried rice! It's called púto lansón; I couldn't photograph it any better, but I wish I could make you taste through this blog. It's another Ilónggo delicacy made by my caretaker, Bukíng and his wife, Cristina. They made it earlier; giniling na kamóteng káhoy (ground cassava) with gatâ (coconut cream), butter, and toasted coconut. It's also got toasted coconut in between, pretty much like a donut filling.


It's yummy! And I didn't know this before; I don't recall ever coming across this native steamed cake. I'm intrigued what else they can cook from our available produce in the farm?

9 comments:

  1. Hello 1784, I ve heard about this from Mom. I now realize this to be such a unique delicacy emphasized by the toasted coconut filling. I can almost taste this. I'll show this to Mom tomorrow. Good nite 1784 .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with this delicacy either. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been rewarding (and filling!) to learn more about native snacks; and pleasantly surprising how under-rated our cooking culture is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of púto lansón up until now. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sige, one time we'll make some and bring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wonder what's the other version of that cassava grind thingy,.it's not budin,.. it's color whitish with peanut butter or cheese on top :-?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got it now,. it's called 'Nilupak'

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite! Hirap hanapin nyan

    ReplyDelete