The panorama on the sunrise side: an awesome view of Malarayat

The quiet panorama on the sunrise side of the farm: an awesome view of Mount Malaráyat and the river below the gap.

09 January 2012

Desert Cassia


A beautiful, small tree that flowers generously is this Desert Cassia (Senna polyphylla), originally from the Caribbean. The slender branches droop when the flowers are in full bloom, weighing them down and lending an elegant air of finesse and poise.


Funny but I came to own this by mistake: there is another yellow flowering tree that I have been looking for, whose name I also did not know then. When I saw this small tree-like shrub with yellow flowers in a garden, I promptly bought this lone stock (apparently, the lady selling also didn't know what it is).


It's grown to be a remarkable specimen, flowering practically all year-round and has produced small legume-like seed pods once. 

1 comment: