The panorama on the sunrise side: an awesome view of Malarayat

The quiet panorama on the sunrise side of the farm: an awesome view of Mount Malaráyat and the river below the gap.

14 July 2012

White Bird of Paradise

Finally, after a looooong wait, one of the centerpieces in the front lawn has finally flowered! It's such a slow grower that I did not notice the plant has even moved at all. It is the White Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia nicolai), a more exotic version of the more common purple & orange variety. It's only when I compared it to my file photos of the lawn that I realized it was only knee high when we planted it but now, the leaves have gone way higher than the bamboo fence. From what I've researched, it will eventually grow taller and start having suckers until it will be a clump of small trees. Watch out for it around July 2017!

1 comment:

  1. Curious what this plant looks like now that it's 2017!

    ReplyDelete