The panorama on the sunrise side: an awesome view of Malarayat

The quiet panorama on the sunrise side of the farm: an awesome view of Mount Malaráyat and the river below the gap.

06 November 2011

November Bird of the Month

The Philippine Oriole (Kilyáwan) is our featured bird this month, a medium-sized bird with brilliant yellow feathers that makes it easy to spot, sometimes even way before you hear it chirp. It's fairly common to find them anywhere in the Philippines, yet their attractiveness hardly diminishes at all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how were you able to shoot it that clearly! We also have some of them but they are always on top of the tallest trees, my 150mm cannot reach it this clearly. Is this a birdling yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, is it too close to look natural? Hehehe, I was afraid I won't get away with it. Just like the Emerald Dove, it got caught again inside the netted greenhouse and it couldn't get out on its own. I had it held to pose for the camera before we released it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder, it looks sad, and no wonder you got a nice shot. I thought you have a 300mm telefoto! Got me there!

    ReplyDelete